Quantity Surveyor - Hybrid Working
- Posted 26 April 2023
- Salary £40k - 50k per year
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineWater & Environmental
- Contact NameMario Fourie
My client a main contractor with a water company have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work on their Capital Delivery framework in the region.
Based in the Redhill/Surrey there will be a mix of office, site and home working with the ideal candidate having experience in the Water or Utility sectors.
This is a great opportunity where you will be part the Commercial Team and be responsible for carrying out the administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the Framework. The role will involve working closely with the delivery team on both clean and waste infrastructure projects.
- Carrying out the day to day administration of the commercial and financial aspects of projects.
- Preparing Cost and Value reporting
- Preparing commercial performance reports
- Manage procurement including labour, plant, materials and subcontract
- VOWD forecasting, demand forecasting and cost control
- Subcontract management and liaison
Skills and Knowledge:
- A degree/HND or equivalent in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject or substantial previous experience in a similar position
- Experience in the Water/Utilities sector would be advantageous
- A proactive person with a disposition to take action pre-emptively to manage risk and opportunity
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data accurately and efficiently
- Company car and Fuel Card with a range of Hybrid and Electric Cars
- Private Health Care
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Matched Pension Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities to progress in a successful company
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- The option to take out Personal Accident Insurance
- The option to partake in Payroll giving
- Salary Finance - an online portal offering financial support via articles, videos and blogs. You can apply for loans and savings schemes via payroll
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Cycle to work Scheme
If interested, please do apply with your up to date CV and if successful we would be in touch. If you do know of anyone who may be interested and meet the above requirement do pass this on.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.