Job Role - Quality Assurance/Control Engineer
Location - Grangemouth
Contract length - 1 year (maybe 6 extra months)
Pay Rate - £48hr Inside IR35
My client is looking for a qualified quality assurance/control engineer who has experience in the Oil + Gas industry. They are looking for someone with the following skills and someone who has handled the following responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that Quality Control activities are conducted in accordance with the Project Specifications and Procedures and Contractor's quality plans.
- Participate in compilation and review of Project Inspection and Test Plans, ensuring that Contractor surveillance, witness, hold points, etc. are indicated as agreed.
- Providing advice, guidance and input during Kent and Project procedure preparation.
- Develop the clients and Project Quality Procedures as requested by the Project Manager.
- Assisting with the set-up and standardisation of project specific templates.
- Providing QA/QC weekly and monthly Status Reports, and as required by the Project Controls Manager / Project Manager.
- Participating in Risk Management evaluations, as required.
- Establishing and monitoring a QA Actions Tracking Log, when required
- Perform the execution of Quality Management Audits in accordance with the clients project audit programme. This will include client site groups, Contractors and Vendors.
- dentification and close-out of non-conformities and observations identified through auditing activities.
- Assuring adequate, effective and on-time closure of corrective and improvement actions.
- Participate in the review of technical submissions from Vendors and Contractors to assess their capability for meeting the Project Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure all Quality Control Records are filed in the relevant System, and Area order, in the offices of the Contractor or Vendor.
- Minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent technical qualification.
- Recent EPC experience in the oil & gas construction sector in a similar site Quality Assurance Leadership role.
- Must have recent experience of QA/QC works on brownfield construction projects.
- IOSH training or equivalent is desirable
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Qualification.
- IRCA registration is desirable