What we need
Our client, a local authority based in the Southeast, is looking for a skilled project manager to lead on the management of highway projects from inception to delivery.
What they want
Applicants will be capable of getting the best out of the people and projects they oversee and will proactively plan, organise and lead projects and project teams.
What you will do
- Managing the design and implementation of capital highway projects to tight timescales and financial constraints.
- Administration of project budgets.
- Liaising with senior professionals in private and public sectors.
- Co-ordinating project teams and attending project meetings with a range of relevant parties including the clients, other HCC consultants, district officers and contractors.
- Conforming with corporate and departmental equalities and health and safety procedures and applying them to day to day job requirements.
- Project management duties
- Drafting, issuing and managing task orders and project plans, including those for design teams, contract administration teams and environmental assessment teams.
- Collating and updating project financial and monitoring information, and submitting written and verbal expenditure, project progression and consultation reports to the client.
- Reporting and escalating progress and issues to management and Project Boards
- Identifying, assigning and actively managing risks.
- Effectively managing and reporting change control.
- Coordinating internal and third-party project resources.
- Communicating and consulting with the public, elected members and a wide range of local interest groups.
- Reviewing and updating project communications.
- Problem solving and logical decision making.
- Prioritising workload to ensure effective time management.
What you will need to succed
- Degree qualified or equivalent level of relevant experience with proven project and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge of project and programme management tools and techniques and experience of applying these to meet the needs of clients through matrix working.
- Good relationship management skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of peers, colleagues and stakeholders.
- A customer focused approach to service delivery and programme and project outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Financial awareness and understanding of programme cost management and business case development.
- The ability to exercise political awareness and sensitivity.
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience
- Programme or project management qualification and/or membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. Association for Project Management (APM)).
- Knowledge and experience of the construction industry.
- Use of display screen equipment and laptop.
- Work environment may involve lone working and the use of Personal Protective Equipment on sites for head, eyes, body, feet and hands (hard hat, reflective clothing, safety boots, gloves, ear defenders and safety glasses).
- Driving of pool vehicles and/or own vehicle for work purposes.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.