Role: Project Engineer
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: up to £45,000 p/a plus package
My client, who are a reputable Waste water treatment company based in the midlands are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of a number of contracts. Will serve as the main project contact for customers and other departments, and will ensure that contract requirements are scheduled and successfully completed.
Completes assigned activities under general direction of the Project Manager
ESSENTIAL GENERIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing all applicable job data, including POs, project plans, specs, and providing comments when applicable;
- Coordinating with other departments and Project Engineers/Managers to meet scheduled task deadlines, maintain schedule for purchasing, fabrication, construction, inspection, start-up, etc., and prioritizing staff workload to meet goals; assigning warranty items to engineering staff;
- Scheduling and conducting project review meeting, focusing on scope of supply, cost, construction, and project scheduling;
- Advising Project Manager of project status while adhering to all appropriate policies and established safety procedures;
- Report any variations to Project Manager, including costs and problems which may change the forecast delivery, profitability, warranty etc of such contracts;
- Communicating promptly with customer on project schedule and any issues relating to that contract;
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures;
- Input into proposals and design as required;
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
LOCAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To receive the order from the Proposals Engineer and attend a Hand-Over Meeting, if necessary and become familiar with all requirements of the contract.
- To assist the Applications Engineer where required in the design and sizing of process units for the aerobic treatment of wastewater.
- Set up schedules for the timely submission and completion of all drawings, technical data, manufacturing and installation schedules, as agreed with the customer.
- Oversee the progress on the contract by holding regular in-house meetings or discussions with the departments concerned.
- Maintain contact with the customer, advising of progress, responding to correspondence and any queries relating to that contract.
- Attend contractual meetings with the customer as necessary, both in the UK and Ireland if required
- Maintain an effective system of contract management.
- Oversee the timely submission of all invoices, approve on submission, debt collection, and related bank guarantee submission and collection.
- Monitor any variation to the contract supply, terms and conditions, and ensure that all variations are reflected in the increased contract value and profitability.
- Monitor the warranty period and minimize the amount of warranty claims.
- Report any recurring warranty problems and where necessary produce reports for submission to the Technical department.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- HNC or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Related experience gained in an engineering or project management environment plus related work experience in designing and delivering EPC contracts.
- Knowledge of conditions of contract particularly NEC, I Chem E.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- ·Computer Skills: Proficiency in Word, Excel, Project and other MS Office programs.
- ·Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of complex, non-standard situations.
- ·Travel: Travel throughout the UK and abroad will be required to fulfil the role.
- Ability to read and understand specification, fabrication, erection, and standard engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of clean and wastewater processes.
- Ability to work within a small multi-disciplined team.
- CAD experience advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Terms & Conditions and Contract law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £45,000 p/a
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.