Do you have experience creating and implementing procurement strategies on NEC contracts on civil construction works?
Do you have private sector experience on complex infrastructure projects?
Day Rate: £500 to £600 per day (IR35 status TBD)
Duration: 40 hours per week, 6 months.
Location: Horley (Tuesday to Thursday), Monday and Friday from home or in consultancy office (days per week).
This consultancy is at forefront of the infrastructure industry, offering a multitude of exciting projects and opportunities. They are known for their innovative approach and commitment to providing a stimulating work environment.
They offer a multitude of exciting client-facing opportunities - known for promoting internal mobility, allowing employees to explore various roles and projects. This position is perfect for individuals who are on the upward trajectory in their career and are hungry for growth opportunities.
This role primarily involves supporting a significant investment programme of works at a private organisation for the construction of civil engineering works. You will play a vital role in procurement and supply chain management, providing strategic insights to optimise project outcomes.
- Utilise your NEC 3 contract knowledge to effectively manage procurement processes and contracts and lead the delivery of new construction agreements on NEC 3/4 contracts.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with project objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, ensuring performance and quality standards are met.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and negotiate favourable terms with suppliers.
- Assess delivery options and packaging approaches for the Capital Investment Plan's construction portion.
- Plan procurement activities, develop procurement strategies, and liaise with commercial, delivery, and legal teams.
- Manage pre-qualification and tender processes, including documentation.
- Lead industry communication events and ensure adherence to schedules.
- Identify and manage procurement risks, including supplier risk monitoring.
- Manage digital procurement systems, such as eDelta.
- Proven experience in strategic procurement, particularly with NEC 3/NEC4 contracts.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex procurement processes.
- Results-driven with a focus on cost optimisation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- RICS or CIPS Chartership preferred.
- Must have private sector experience, applying procurement strategies to construction projects.
This will be a 2-stage interview process, interviews will be held for successful candidates within a week of application.
How to apply:
Apply by emailing your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02393876090.