Principal Mechanical Engineer - Water
Salary: £60k to £75k (negotiable based on skillset and experience)
Type: Full time - permanent
Carrington West are delighted to present an exciting new role with our Client, a renowned consultancy working across a variety of sectors including major water frameworks.
They are looking for an experienced Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their well-established team for AMP7. With an extensive portfolio of delivered projects across the UK and globally, they are involved in asset creation, process improvement and plant optimisation projects.
If you want to join their team of expert electrical, ICA, process, mechanical and civil engineers who provide multidisciplinary solutions to problems in innovation, managing, building and investment in water and wastewater infrastructure, this could be the role for you.
- Lead and contribute on feasibility, outline and detailed design projects.
- Work closely with internal and external clients within the UK and worldwide.
- Support bidding process and take proactive lead on winning new work.
- Take ownership of specific 'skill areas' within the firms technical knowledge networks.
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff, with the potential of formal line management responsibilities.
- Contribute to new and innovative ideas, making suggestions for innovation and improvements.
- Ability to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences.
- Working with and developing our digital tools and products.
- Ideally degree-qualified with a mechanical engineering bias; additionally a Chartered member of a recognised engineering institution.
- You will have extensive experience of working in the UK water and wastewater industry.
- A strong blend of leadership and technical expertise.
- You will have experience of managing and mentoring teams ,individuals and projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
The company are looking to move forward with these positions within the next few weeks and will be looking to schedule interviews with suitable candidates as soon as possible. If you feel the role could be of interest, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023.