- Posted 31 March 2023
- Salary £37k - 47k per year
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineHighways, Transport & Infrastructure
- Contact NameEve Armstrong
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior EIA Consultant to be based in their Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong technical background, and will ideally have experience of projects across a range of sectors, and be able to liaise directly with stakeholders and colleagues.
Responsibilities of the role:
·To Support to the Environmental Assessment team in developing new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors;
·Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Report across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Report;
· Direction and management of specialist sub-consultants and liaison with planners, architects and developers.
Requirements of the role:
·Proven EIA consultancy experience, having been closely involved in the project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statement/EIA Reports;
· An undergraduate degree in Geography, Planning, Environmental Management or relevant discipline;
·Full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA, MIEMA or PIEMA), Institution of Environmental Science or equivalent (MIEnvSc) or equivalent;
· Knowledge of both terrestrial and marine EIA (i.e., Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) (Scotland) Regulations 2017 and The Marine Works (Environmental Impact Assessment (Scotland) Regulations 2017);
· A thorough understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system;
· Experience of budget and financial control of projects;
· Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001;
· Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, sub-consultants and regulators; and
· Full UK driving licence.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.