Principal Bridge Engineer
Are you looking to work for a company were respect is a key priority, a company who will invest in you and your career and offer competitive salary and benefits?
If so, you may be interested in the following exciting permanent opportunity to join a Bridges team as a Principal Engineer in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
The Principal Engineer will play a lead role in the management and technical assurance of the projects delivered by our Edinburgh Transportation Structures team.
Our Principal Engineers are responsible for the successful delivery of projects to ensure they meet the commercial aspirations and exceptional levels of service quality.
You shall be an active participant in the Department's development.
You shall implement and ensure that the team complies with company business Ethics, policies and guidelines.
In this role you'll be responsible for:
Management of the team's day to day project delivery based on;
- Delivering a high quality service to our customers
- Financial results and budget
- Resource Planning and coordination between teams Management and development of the team's business by;
- Creating and developing relations with our clients
- Planning and implementing customer activities Management and development of the team's people when;
- Planning for and ensuring resources for the team's needs
- Ensure you have the right colleagues in the right place at the right time to maximise business performance
- Supporting and coaching personnel on prioritising and focusing in their day to day operation
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Contractual experience, with working knowledge of NEC contracts
- Experience of Business Development (including development and implementation of Strategy Plans)
- Leadership of client relationships including maintaining strong personal relationships
- Leadership of large, multi-disciplinary teams
- Successful experience of leading bids
- Experience of financial, resourcing, programming software
- Ideally strong technical experience across a breadth of engineering consultancy/design projects
Professional Membership and Qualifications:
- A Chartered Engineer with current membership of an appropriate professional body
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we'd love to hear from you.
Competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday and pension.
Approachable and committed people are the core to the business. Serving clients in challenging projects is part of the daily work in this organisation. Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement. The company plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Their work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 16,000 employees in Europe, they offe clients the right expertise for every situation. The company carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. The company is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 18.7 billion (EUR 1.8 billion). The team are committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
£45k - 55k per year
02393 876 017
4 months ago
Principal Bridge Engineer