Planning Policy and Conservation Manager
- Posted 11 April 2023
- Salary £500 - 550 per day
- Job type Contract - Full Time
- Job duration6 Months
- DisciplineTown Planning
- Contact NameCameron de Wit
Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Oxfordshire in the search for a Planning Policy & Conservation Manager to join their town planning department team on an initial 6-month contract - this role is being offered on a remote basis.
We are looking for a confident and experienced planning policy manager to manage a small team of approx. 12 members of staff. The Council are currently at the draft Regulation 18 stage of the Local Plan and in the lead up to consultations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the councils' strategic priorities and objectives
- To direct and manage the work of the planning policy and conservation service - providing an efficient and effective service which meets statutory requirements and national targets
- To manage the development and co-ordination of the local plan and other planning policy documents, strategic transport matters and the review of conservation areas.
- To ensure that policy implementation and effectiveness are primary considerations in drafting planning policies.
- To manage the preparation of statements and evidence for public examinations, public inquiries, public hearings, appeals, court cases and other fora relating to Planning Policy and Conservation and by way of assistance to the Development Management service. To represent the Council, to act as expert witness and to manage representation by others in best presenting the Council's case.
- These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post-holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities.
To apply for this roles, it is essential that you have worked as a Planning Policy Manager in a local authority planning department. The successful candidates must have good fundamental and technical knowledge and understanding of all relevant planning legislation and policies. You will need to have excellent communication and negotiation skills
It would be beneficial to hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and have the eligibility for membership of RTPI.
The council are looking for candidates who will be able to hit the ground running and are offering flexible working arrangements
Carrington West Pay Rate - £500per/day (DOE)
Job Ref - 41486
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.