Location: Based in Horsham
Duration: 12 month fixed term contract (May 2021 - May 2022)
Hours: 07:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Annual Salary: Up to £24,000 dependant on experience
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a large contractor working in a buoyant area of the Utilities market.
They are currently looking for a Planner to assisting with planning and scheduling work for civils crews across the Sussex area. This will include both planned maintenance and reactive works.
- Planning out works for civils crews across Sussex, ensuring all works are on system and up to date.
- Booking in jobs on a daily basis as they come through.
- Arranging traffic management for jobs which require it.
- Ordering materials for jobs e.g. tarmac
- Ensuring crews and drivers have enough work each day.
- Making certain jobs that require permits have them.
- Responding to queries, questions and concerns of jobs over the phone and via email.
- Liaising with supervisor and crews daily to keep up to date with progress on jobs.
- Liaising with traffic managenent companies, Highways authorities, councils and public transport providers in order to book works in appropriately.
- Speaking to customers where required - if complaint/question/issue.
- Paperwork chases for crews when needed.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar planning role within the utilities or construction sector would be advantageous.
- Able to prioritise jobs based on significance and other factors.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good communication with other areas of the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Confident and positive attitude to work.
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.