Nuclear Safety Analyst - Part time
Salary: Negotiable based on skillset and experience
Type: Part time - permanent
Based: Surrey - Flexible and remote working possible
Carrington West are delighted to present an exciting new role with our Client, a renowned consultancy working across a variety of sectors including Nuclear Power.
They are looking for an experienced safety analyst to join their well-established team so if you are an Engineer, a Scientist, or an Analyst with experience in Nuclear Safety or similarly regulated industry Risk Assessment, this role could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
In this role, you will be working within the firms Nuclear and Power business, which is based in the Surrey area, however there is the opportunity for remote and flexible working. The role will present a unique opportunity to be involved with a range of challenging and varied projects. The position will allow the successful candidate exposure to the whole Nuclear and Power market from New Build to Generation to Decommissioning.
You will be involved in technical authoring and safety analysis during the design, operation and decommissioning of nuclear facilities and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as Site Licence Conditions.
Other key aspects of the role will include mentoring other staff in a technical capacity, assisting in the production of bids and proposals, and implementing and contributing to safety initiatives. You will also liaise with operators, designers and clients, building a strong relationship with them.
- Hazard and fault identification studies e.g. HAZOP, HAZAN, FMEA
- Qualitative and Quantitative safety arguments
- Safety Case Development
- Deterministic and Probabilistic Safety Assessments
- Engineering Substantiation
- Fault and protection schedules
- Hazard categorisation and assessment
You will need:
- University Degree in a relevant subject
- Be an experienced technical practitioner able to demonstrate good engineering judgement and with extensive background in using fundamental engineering skills
- Proven record of delivering technically challenging projects
- Strong background in safety case production and hazard analysis
- To be able to produce and review or amend high quality technical reports
- High levels of motivation and drive to meet delivery/cost targets without compromising quality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the desire to develop others
The company are looking to move forward with these positions within the next few weeks and will be looking to schedule interviews with suitable candidates as soon as possible. If you feel the role could be of interest, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023.