Role: Mechanical Site Supervisor - Water Projects
Salary: up to £50,000 p/a plus package
Working for a tier one contractor on United Utilities, you will be responsible for Mechanical package and subcontract delivery, along with the management of the mechanical packages and subcontractors through delivery and installation on sites across Cheshire, Staffordshire and Derbyshire on a permanent basis.
- Organisation and planning of site works - Planning and expediting site works ensuring efficient and safe use of available resources.
- Cross discipline coordination of installation.
- Quality assurance
- Coordination and organisation of cross discipline inspection and testing.
- Lifting Equipment final positioning in line with final detailed design.
- Testing and registration, including revision of the project lifting schedule to as built status.
- Ensure pressure systems directive compliance and facilitate where a written scheme of examination is required out in accordance with the client's insurance requirements.
- Generation/review of task specific RAMS.
- Review of specialist MEICA subcontractor RAMS Commissioning assistance as required
- Granting necessary permits (electrical or mechanical)
- Organisation of attendance and required permits
- Site Operations/PC liaison for site activities, shutdowns, access and any process implication
- Manage and monitor performance of engineering staff and specialist sub-contractors, ensuring completion of MEICA tasks in accordance with construction plans, and drawings.
- Manage and coordinate MEICA aspects of site inspection and test plan in conjunction with other disciplines as required to complete.
- Supplier management from prestart meeting to final commissioning, as-built and handover
- Implementation of trace heating and lagging requirements.
- Assist civil team in advising on construction detail and the installation of below ground MEICA equipment in line with design and OEM requirements
- Manage MEICA enabling works (e.g. cable/pipe diversions, equipment relocation, over-pumping)
- Management of maintenance, defects, and repairs from delivery, through the installation to final handover ensuring warrantees are maintained
- Coordination of MEICA installation items.
- Ensure that safety standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all team members and contractors in line with the safety rules
- Ensure MEICA quality management on site, tracking and closeout of inspection and test plans and any associated snags / issues. This shall include escalation of any issues that may affect progress and ensure that quality, benchmarks etc. are maintained and delivered.
- Obtain and collate supplier documentation and as built information delivered to site for handover to commissioning team and Takeover Manager
The position comes with a car or car allowance, health cover and pension contributions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.