Role: Mechanical Supervisor
Location: East Kilbridge
Salary: up to £40,000 - £45,000 p/a plus package
My client, who offers the market a unique end-to-end service ranging from needs assessment & solution definition, through design, manufacture, installation & commissioning, to aftercare and operation of water & wastewater treatment assets. They're looking for a Mechanical Supervisor to join the delivery Team covering Scottish water sites.
Purpose of the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of projects, managing the KPIs of projects from award to completion. This role will require continuous monitoring of operational sites and the delivery team, including MEICA installation, mechanical engineers, apprentices, laborer's, and sub-contractors and will require extensive knowledge of pipework installation and pump selection.The person will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as planning, reporting, budgeting etc
- Qualification to degree/HND/HNC level in Engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record in the water industry, with an engineering or supervisory background
- Water experience highly advantageous
- Experience on pipework selection and installation.
- Knowledge of pumps and pump selection.
- Good time management
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written communication with an ability to follow, interpret and explain technical instructions.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to all engineering trades, particularly Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering
- Be persuasive, encouraging and motivating and be able to elicit co-operation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with, lead and motivate others, and be able to bring projects to successful completion
- Driven, with an ability to work individually and with teams under your direction
- The ability to multitask
- Innovative thinking, with an ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Project liaison from enquiry stage to final acceptance and documentation
- Liaison with clients to discuss specific requirements
- Site surveys as required
- Assist in producing tenders
- Management of health, safety, and environmental issues
- Instructing, directing, controlling, and allocating work to in house trades & apprentices, with attention to quality, productivity, and safety
- Ability to check drawings, specifications, and schedules for all activities
- Procurement of goods and services
- Production of risk assessments and method statements
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.