Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking for long term work?
Role: Mechanical Project Engineer - Water Projects
Location: Cheshire area
Duration: On-going contract
Rate: £450per day + Mileage - Inside IR35 / or permanent salaried position available
Candidates ideally must have United Utilities experience and understanding as well as a water background in a Mechanical Project Engineering position or similar.
My client is one of the UK's leading MEICA & Civil Engineering contractors within the Water sector and are looking for an Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team on a contract basis working on various water projects for their AMP7 contracts.
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client's engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Cradle to Grave capability from a mechanical delivery standpoint
- Complete contract documentation
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, "As built" drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
Successful candidates will ideally have experience in the water sector from either a mechanical background with the relevant accreditations and qualifications.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.