Role: Installation and Maintenance Engineer
Salary: up to £35,000 p/a plus package
My client is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and dedicated individual with a 'can-do' attitude, to work as Installation & Maintenance Engineer in a busy and progressive organisation.
This interesting and challenging engineer role will involve taking proactive responsibility for all aspects of customer site-based installation and maintenance work.
You will be premises-based in Stafford, with frequent travel to customers, suppliers and other venues throughout the UK, along with regular overnights away from home as required.
What are the key responsibilities of the role?
- Assembling, installing, testing, commissioning, servicing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing dust/odour suppression equipment on customers' sites, both on scheduled and emergency visits
- Assembling, installing, testing, commissioning, servicing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing wastewater treatment equipment on customers' sites, both on scheduled and emergency visits
- Maintaining hire fleet of dust/odour suppression equipment and aeration equipment in a ready-to-go state so that it can be despatched in line with core competencies, this includes building new equipment, and cleaning, servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and preparing for despatch
- Delivering, installing/setting up and training on the use of the hire fleet of dust/odour suppression equipment and aeration equipment on customers' sites
- Applying a range of dust suppression and other products to various substrates on customers' sites
- Performing site surveys and attending site meetings regarding the above: meeting the client, subcontractors, suppliers and engineers on site; understanding expectations; assessing potential risks; agreeing best method of working; assessing access, cranage and other special requirements; taking and/or checking critical measurements etc
- Preparing equipment and picking parts prior to site attendances
- Reviewing and amending RAMS to suit site and work requirements
- Following procedures, using systems and recording information as required by the task in hand
- Managing van stock of spare parts and consumables needed for installations and servicing
- Managing stock, ordering parts, receiving and storing warehouse goods, fulfilling customer orders and despatching goods promptly and accurately
- Leading and taking responsibility for a small team of similar engineers
Expectations of the role?
- Maintaining high standards of quality, health, safety, environmental and legal compliance
- Respecting and following Corgin and customer requirements, including Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), and induction, permitting, CDM 2015, contractual and specification requirements
- Working to industry-accepted standards and methods
- Ensuring that there are no unreported or repeat non-conformances
- Maintaining a culture of continuous improvement by suggesting and implementing improvements to systems and procedures, with a view to improving safety, performance, efficiency and accuracy
- Maintaining a clean, organised and correctly-stocked warehouse, workshop, yard and engineer vans
What experience and qualifications are preferable?
- Experience with rotating industrial equipment such as motors, gearboxes, couplings and bearings
- Experience maintaining diesel-powered plant
- Experience with water pumps and water pipework
- Experience with air compressors and air pipework
- Experience with generators
- Experience with 415V, 3-phase electrics
- Experience with 12V/24V DC electrics
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting
- Experience with PLC programming
- 17th or 18th Edition qualification
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £35,000 p/a
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.