Are you a skilled Civil Engineer with expertise in Highway and Drainage Design? If so, our client has an exciting opportunity for you to join their team in Bury St Edmunds.
The team offers a range of infrastructure design services, from producing a variety of Pre-planning Assessments for residential and commercial developers through to fully detailed groundworks design packs.
- You will support the production of drainage/highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects.
Assist in securing S278/S38 and S104 technical approvals. Collaborate with project teams to develop innovative and cost-effective designs for highways and drainage systems.
- Create detailed engineering plans, specifications, and drawings, ensuring compliance with local regulations and industry standards.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and professionals to ensure coordination and integration of designs.
- Prepare technical reports, proposals, and presentations to communicate design concepts and recommendations to clients and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in highway and drainage design
- Proficient in computer-aided design (CAD) software, such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microdrainage
- Strong knowledge of relevant design codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with project teams, clients, and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality work within designated timelines.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.