Role: HV Fitter
Salary: Up to £45k dependent on skillset and qualifications
Location: East Anglia, London and South East
Type: Permanent / Full-time
Additional: Full company benefits package including health care, pension scheme and holiday allowance
Carrington West are pleased to be working alongside our client, a blue-chip specialist electrical group who provide a range of electrical solutions across the power sector. They are looking for an experienced HV Fitter to join their existing team and work on a variety of exciting projects.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, confined spaces, water supply and water waste sites and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, in line with Health and Safety procedures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications
- Provide preliminary sketches and estimates for materials and services.
What you'll need:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification -or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Able to demonstrate Electrical Plant knowledge e.g Power System Operation Transformers, Switchgear, HV/LV Cables.EPO Buttons and generators
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations, High Voltage Distribution Safety Rules
- CDM Regulations and general health and safety legislation is required
- Good command of English and IT Skills
- People management and leadership
- Full clean driving licence
What you'll get:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday increased by 1 day per year after 2 years of service
- Long Service Awards
- Range of training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Voucher scheme
- Death in Service, Health Care, Birthday off (all upon completion of probation)
This position will move fast and with the company looking to progress the role quickly, it is advised you apply with an up to date CV if you feel you could be suitable. Alternatively, contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for further info.