Job Title - Quantity Surveyor
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Company Car Allowance - Car allowance (£5000)
Pension - Salary sacrifice pension after completion of 3 months probation
Location - Doncaster Site based minimum 2 or 3 days a week then the option to work from home
My client is excited to announce an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join its dynamic commercial team. The company is seeking an individual with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role, demonstrating a strong background in Civil Engineering and Highways.
- Prices and submits quotations for works on maintenance contracts.
- Liaises with operational staff, clients, and subcontractors.
- Ensures accurate scheme costs on the cost system (Nav13) and raises queries as needed.
- Attends internal/external meetings (both electronically and face to face).
- Manages subcontract supply chain, issuing orders, assessing Subcontract AFPs, and processing payments.
- Conducts reconciliation of cost and value through a monthly CVR process.
- Prepares Payment Applications and forecasts cost to complete.
- Performs CVRs (Cost Value Reconciliation).
- Manages contractual communication through CEMAR.
- Assesses and submits quotations/compensation events.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to work independently and within a team.
- Shows enthusiasm and a willingness to take ownership of contracts/frameworks.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates high levels of numeracy, written language, and communication.
- Is proficient in MS Excel and Word.
My Client Benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Referral Scheme
- Death In Service
- Access to Online Rewards Platform
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Recognition Scheme
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.