Job Title: Highway Public Liaison Officer
Location: Essex, UK
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
My client is undergoing significant growth, prompting the need for an experienced Public Liaison Officer to join the major projects division. Initially assigned to a scheme in Essex, this role demands flexibility for potential work in different locations. The successful candidate will oversee stakeholder and public liaison, leading the development and execution of the Stakeholder Management Plan and Communication Strategy in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager and the Clients Project Manager.
- Leads and develops the Stakeholder Management Plan and Communication Strategy.
- Implements the agreed strategy for the entirety of the contract.
- Ensures timely resolution of all stakeholder and public queries and complaints to the satisfaction of the complainant.
- Maintains a detailed Compliments/Complaints Log, recording, analyzing, and systematically following up on all feedback.
- Meets regularly with the Council and the Senior Project Manager to assess the effectiveness of the communication strategy.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The key duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with the Council and Project Manager to organize and lead initial Q&A sessions for key stakeholders.
- Attends regular meetings with Council representatives and the Project Manager to assess the Communication Strategy's effectiveness.
- Organizes and attends stakeholder meetings and outreach activities in partnership with the Project Manager and the Council.
- Communicates updates on road closures and diversions to the Council and all stakeholders.
- Compiles stakeholder needs, contact details, and requirements within a Communications Plan, regularly updating and sharing it with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager and the Council to design appropriate information leaflets for letter drops.
Qualifications and experience:
- Suitable experience and/or training course attendance.
- Suitable and relevant experience within the construction sector or transferrable skills from other sectors.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in stakeholder management or liaison with the public.
- Strong ICT skills, especially Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel & Word.
- UK driving license
- Must be a team player.
- Friendly & approachable personality.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management with flexibility of approach.
- Adaptable and flexible to cope with the variety of responsibilities involved and to suit peaks and troughs in workload.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.