Are you an experienced Highway Engineer?
I am currently recruiting for a Highway Engineer on an initial 6-month contract basis the role will be based in Stoke-on Trent.
The Highway Engineer will be a part of a busy highways team involved highway improvement activities.
Working as part of the Highway Improvements team in Stoke-on Trent, you will work on the design of highway improvement schemes with construction values up to £1 million.
Experienced required for Highway Engineer - Highway Improvements:
- Minimum HNC/HND standard in civil engineering or a related subject.
- Knowledge of highway design and construction standards, procedures, techniques and health & safety in construction
- Good AutoCAD skills
- Ability to use independent engineering judgement to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
Main responsibilities of the Highway Engineer - Highway Improvements:
- Scheme investigation, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of contract documents, works inspection and checking.
- Topographical surveys,
- Liaising with elected members, members of the public, developers and other stakeholders regarding current and forthcoming projects.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email
£30 - 35 per hour
Jason Kohle MIRP CertRP
02393 876 006
4 months ago