Health & Safety Advisor (SHEQ Advisor)
Location: Kent & Sussex
Salary: Up to £36k (depending on skillset and experience)
Additional: Car allowance up to £5k, 31 days holiday and full benefits package
Are you an experienced H&S advisor looking for a new challenge or to make the next step in your career?
If so this might be the ideal opportunity for you!
We are working alongside our client, a well-established Utilities main contractor, to assist with an exciting new vacancy that has opened up within their health and safety team.
The successful candidate will ensure all operations undertaken by the company are conducted safely and in accordance with their policies and procedures.
- Undertake and record SHEQ inspections of depots and sites to ensure that all operating procedures are being complied with, liaising with Managers and Supervisors, and where necessary the Head of SHEQ to resolve issues arising from these checks.
- Ensure all health and safety audit learning points are closed out promptly and effectively.
- Investigate incidents including interviewing those involved and producing formal reports and recommendations.
- Provide management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the Company's SHEQ policies.
- Design and deliver toolbox talks and safety briefings.
- Deliver training courses in-house and company inductions.
- Assist with producing safety alerts as well as H&S newsletters and bulletins
- Keep up to date with H&S legislation and best practice.
- Provide coaching to operational personnel on health, safety, welfare, and environmental matters.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to health and safety documentation.
- Ideally have experience of working in the Construction Industry
- Experience in utility or civil engineering contracting
- Understanding of sewerage or wastewater network operations
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a Health & Safety Advisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of SHEQ systems, policies, and procedures
We expect this role to move quickly and the company are in a position to interview and offer for the right candidate within the next few weeks. Please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for further information.