Head of SHEQ
Location: Brighton - Flexible working from home
Salary: £60k-£70k (depending on skillset and experience) plus up to 10% annual bonus
Additional: Car allowance up to £7k / Private Healthcare / Life Cover
Are you an experienced H&S Manager or Head of SHEQ looking for a new challenge or to make the next step in your career?
If so, this may prove to be a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
We are working alongside our client, a well-established Utilities main contractor, to assist with an exciting new senior vacancy that has opened up within their health and safety team.
The successful candidate will ensure all operations undertaken by the company are conducted safely and in accordance with their policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development of a clear safety strategy for the business.
- Ensuring all SHEQ procedures are in place to support business needs.
- Develop internal policies and procedures to improve SHEQ performance.
- Advise on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
- Maintain knowledge and competency of SHEQ management and responsibilities including maintaining appropriate qualifications and professional membership.
- Maintain accreditations and certification of company management systems.
- Attend client and internal leadership and management review meetings.
- Ensure that a professional and competent team of advisors is in place to provide support in all SHEQ matters related to company operations.
- Monitor SHEQ advisors' inspections and give guidance and advise on any non-conformance issues to ensure compliance.
- Manage overall performance of the SHEQ team including performance management by way of completing annual reviews and producing KPI's and PDP's for the team to achieve.
- Design and, on occasion, deliver toolbox talks and safety briefings.
- Coach operational personnel on health, safety, welfare and environmental matters.
- Production of risk assessments and considerations around how risks can be reduced.
- Ensure regular site inspections are undertaken to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Provide operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the Company's SHEQ policies.
- Produce a monthly SHEQ report for the management team.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and provide information when requested.
- Conduct root cause analysis of areas of concern and provide guidance for remedial action. Attend and contribute to health and safety group meetings by providing reports and information to clients and sub-contractors.
- NEBOSH Certification or Diploma
- At least 5 years' experience in a senior H&S management role
- Chartered Member (CMIOSH)
- Experience in within the construction or utility industry
- Detailed understanding of wastewater network operations would be desirable
We expect this role to move quickly and the company are in a position to interview and offer for the right candidate within the next few weeks. Please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for further information.