Role: Head of Procurement
Salary: up to £60,000 p/a package
My client is looking to strengthen their Procurement team with a Head of Procurement for their Central framework. Based from their Manchester office.
They're looking for an experienced and resilient procurement specialist who is excited to lead a central procurement function within a matrix organisation, specifically in the utilities contracting sector. This is an interesting role with a wide range of spend categories and procurement activities.
The Procurement Team works to support our 6 regional delivery teams throughout the UK deliver projects with a combined annual turnover in excess of £500M.
They do this through implementation and management of effective and competitive supplier framework agreements), supply chain performance management, market intelligence and reporting, ERP management, training, keeping abreast of innovation, changing legislation and much more.
- Develop and deliver the strategic direction for the procurement function to ensure fit for purpose support for future growth.
- Supporting development of a fully integrated delivery plan across the business.
- Identify opportunities to leverage group buying power across all procurement activities
- Work closely with the commercial function to bring best practice procurement strategies that maximise efficiency opportunities.
- Work with other central roles to develop a sustainable supply chain in order to support expansion and the AMP8 procurement cycle.
- Set and monitor departmental service level agreements/performance measures
- Set and manage departmental budgets and staff recovery rates to ensure high quality efficient delivery against business targets
- Set and manage resource levels, workload and outputs
- Ownership and management of the procurement processes and procedures, ensuring compliance
- Take part in both internal and external audits, responsible for resolving any findings
- Manage the maintenance of an approved supplier database (c. 800 approved suppliers)
- Maintain a detailed awareness of current and emerging procurement best practice, new legislation, and Government guidelines to ensure compliance and up to date process are in place
- Complete supplier assessments and evaluations to help provide a better understanding of a supplier's capabilities and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that the supply chain is competent in health and safety, quality and environmental management
- Understand and implement the quality, safety and environmental policies and targets
- Monitor the performance of suppliers to ensure that the company continues to use those providing the best delivery service levels
- Resolve supplier performance issues and disputes
- Identify and manage team resource and performance issues
- Identify and advise on development needs for current and future roles required within the department
- Ensure proactive support of Client procurement initiatives including attendance at collaborative workshops and buying forums as required
- Champion the use of the internal procurement system (IFS).
- Promote/uphold corporate vision and values
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
- Maintain a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.