An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Group Engineer to come and join the Highways Safety Team in West Yorkshire.
The experienced Group Engineer will be:
- An appropriate professional or academic qualification which related to the skills and abilities required for the post or the ability to demonstrate significant experience.
- Proven experience and knowledge of budget preparation and financial management and control.
- Experience of providing effective leadership alongside team management and development.
The main duties of the experienced Group Engineer are:
- Manage and mentor others in the concept and detail design of a range of Town Centre focused highway schemes.
- Liaise with, and advise, various Council departments, partners, and 3rd parties on design issues relating to all traffic interaction on the highway, understand the need for a high level of effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal.
- Assess, and supervise others looking at the potential highway impacts of proposed developments in and around our Town Centres.
- Supervise others in the preparation of works packages, estimates, bills of quantities, contract drawings and documentation where appropriate, and supervision of the highway schemes they are involved in.
- Manage and monitor Capital Plan expenditure including preparation of Cabinet reports and expenditure updates for Capital monitoring.
- Undertake and support Principal Engineers in project management, including preparation of technical and financial reports.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis, and the supervision of Senior Engineers, Engineers and Apprentices within in your team.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.