Job Title: Graduate Bridge Inspector
Salary: Up to £30,000
About the Company:
My client is a leading engineering and infrastructure firm dedicated to creating sustainable, safe, and efficient transportation networks. The company takes pride in its commitment to maintaining and enhancing the nation's infrastructure and is currently seeking a Graduate Bridge Inspector to join its team.
As a Graduate Bridge Inspector at the company, the individual will play a vital role in ensuring the safety and integrity of transportation infrastructure. They will work alongside a team of experienced professionals, gaining hands-on experience in the field while contributing to the successful execution of bridge inspection projects.
1. Bridge Inspections: The Graduate Bridge Inspector will conduct thorough inspections of bridges and related infrastructure to assess their condition, structural integrity, and safety compliance.
2. Documentation: They will accurately document inspection findings, taking photographs, and maintain detailed records of the condition and maintenance requirements of each structure.
3. Report Generation: The individual will assist in the preparation of detailed inspection reports, including recommendations for necessary repairs, maintenance, or potential upgrades.
4. Safety Compliance: Ensuring that inspections are conducted in accordance with industry standards, regulations, and safety protocols, even in situations involving heights and confined spaces.
5. Field Work: Being comfortable working in outdoor environments is a key aspect of this role.
6. Remote Work: Being open to working from home when necessary, with a correct home office setup, including a stable internet connection, appropriate hardware, and software.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related field.
- They should demonstrate a strong attention to detail and an ability to work accurately.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
- A strong commitment to safety, including working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Willingness to work in outdoor environments.
- Comfort with remote work and equipped for effective remote collaboration..
- No CSCS card is required; a civil engineering degree is preferred.
The annual salary for this position is around £30,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Exposure to a variety of bridge inspection projects.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.