Job title: Geo-environmental Consultant
Are you a geo-environmental engineer looking for a role with more responsibility and variation? Looking for a close team based environment with a mass of support and experience to help you learn and grow in your career?
Salary: 25,500-30+ based on experience + benefits
Must be eligible to work in the UK and have full UK Driving license
Must have at least 2 years' experience in either geotechnical or geo-environmental engineering.
Degree in either of the following:
- Environmental Science;
- Geotechnical Engineering;
- Engineering Geology;
- Other appropriate degree/qualification/experience
- Able to use Logging Software i.e. Holebase, Gint
- Able to produce Factual Reports
- Able to produce Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Desk Top Studies
- Able to produce/experience in Phase 2 Geo-Environmental Interpretative Reports
- Able to supervise ground investigation works independently and manage sites of various sizes
- Production/familiarity of Remediation Method Statements (desirable)
- Production/familiarity of Materials Management Plans (desirable)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude to Health & Safety
- Willing to work across the company operational geographical areas as required
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Omnia's services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the ongoing development and growth of the business with involvement in a broad range of business and commercial activities as well as technical drive and development.
- Managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Undertaking siteworks as and when resourcing requirements dictate;
- Managing of data, project related or otherwise as directed and the production of technical reports; Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project
for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and calculations
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients on projects
- Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) relating to projects for which you have responsibility
- Liaising with the project team and management team and the client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Take responsibility for your continued professional development as relevant and required for the position held
- Input in to the ongoing development of the business with ideas and views, taking on non-technical tasks as required.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Patrick Gray at Carrington West on 02393 876 000 6069 for more information.
£25.5k - 30k per year
02393 876 1069
4 months ago
Job title: Geo-environmental Consultant