Assistant Flood Risk Engineer
Are you looking for a role within Flood Risk?
I am recruiting for an Assistant Flood Risk Engineer to join client's team who are the Lead Local Flood Authority. The Assistant Flood Risk Engineer will assist in the undertaking of investigations into the cause of flooding and with support from senior officers, provide support and the provision of advice on a variety of flooding and drainage matters.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Flood Risk Engineer
- To assist in the implementation of the role as the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) as set out in the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and as the Land Drainage Authority as set out in the Land Drainage Act 1991.
- To assist in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy.
- To undertake the effective regulation of ordinary watercourses through appropriate engagement with landowners.
- To assist in the review of Ordinary Watercourse Consent applications made to the authority in relation to the Land Drainage Act 1991.
- To assist in investigating the cause of flooding and collection of data to maintain a register of reported flood events. To assist in proposing solutions and preparing designs for flood alleviation and drainage improvement schemes.
- To assist the Highway Teams by providing advice on a range of highway flooding issues.
- To represent the and its partners at local, regional and other forums, conferences, committees etc. Ensuring that Shropshire Council has a strong influence over regional policy development
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email