Are you a Chartered Electrical Engineer with the vision to lead and the drive to grow a team?
Do you have extensive low voltage/building services design experience in the rail sector?
Salary: £70,000 to £120,000, commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
Location: Basingstoke Preferred
A thriving consultancy is actively seeking a visionary Technical Director to head up its electrical design team. This role is pivotal in driving their remarkable growth trajectory, and you could lead and shape the future of low voltage engineering and building services within the rail sector.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Chartered engineer with HNC or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in the rail sector is preferred, but candidates with expertise in related fields will be considered, such as those in mission-critical sectors (nuclear, data centres, oil and gas) and high-level electrical engineering.
- A deep understanding of buildable design and the ability to navigate complex projects at the micro level is crucial.
- Proficiency in maintaining timelines, meticulous review, and expert response to technical queries is essential.
- As the Technical Director, you'll lead appraisals, manage annual leave signoffs, oversee project delivery, and mentor your team.
- This role places significant emphasis on low voltage (LV) engineering, particularly within the rail sector, while also welcoming candidates with expertise in mission-critical areas like nuclear, data centres, oil and gas, and high-level electrical engineering.
- Hands-on experience in buildable design, with a profound understanding of practical aspects and processes, is required.
- Responsibilities include ensuring teams meet deadlines, reviewing and validating work, and providing expert responses to technical queries.
- Demonstrated career progression.
About the business:
- Join a multi-disciplinary team of 40 that plans to double in the next 12 months.
- This role anchors a team of approximately 10 professionals and serves as a crucial interface with valued clients.
While Basingstoke is the client's preferred location, candidates may opt to work from their Bristol office. Exceptional candidates from other locations, like Birmingham, are encouraged to apply, provided they can contribute to our client's growth while occasionally visiting the main office.Additional
My client is looking to interview immediately and will be a 2-stage interview process.
Please note - due to the high volume of applicants, only those short-listed will be contacted. Thank you.
How to Apply:
Email your CV to me at email@example.com or call me on 023 9387 6068.