Do you have a degree in ecology/environment, and have relevant work experience?
Are you a Associate member of CIEEM?
Salary: £24,000 to £35,000 plus van & fuel card.
An engineering specialist are in the process of setting up their Sustainability & Environmental team. This is a Principal Contractor to Network Rail and their sustainability team are setting up a consultancy function to support on rail projects across the UK.
This is the first role of its kind and will be working alongside the Head of Sustainability. As the team continues to grow, the successful candidate will have an ecology team built up around them and will have the opportunity to later become a head of their discipline
At this company, you will be able to achieve promotions, receive funding for further qualifications including protected species licences, rail sector specific training etc.
Location: Split between home/office/site. Head office based in Essex and will be occasional. Standard expectations will be 2-3 days on site per week and remainder from home.
Site: Majority of sites will be based in the Southeast. There will be the occasional requirement to travel nationally. All travel/accommodation will be reimbursed.
- Degree in Ecology
- At least 1 year of experience in ecologist role
- Associate of CIEEM essential.
- Experience doing ecological assessments
- Preliminary Ecology Assessments/Phase 1 survey experience
- Ability to work independently
- Familiar with the Biodiversity Metric.
- Habitat survey experience advantageous.
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Interest in personal and professional development.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the UK.
- Interest in working on Rail projects.
- Full right to work in UK.
My client can take someone on immediately if they find the right candidate. Interviews will be conducted via Teams and should be a one stage process.
How to apply:
Email your CV to me at email@example.com or call me on 023 9387 6068