Development Management Team Leader
(Remote basis initially)
Are you seeking a new challenge and looking to display your leadership skills in a highly regarded local authority planning team?
As one of the most senior planners in the team, you will be expected to advice, guide and lead on all types of planning applications. The successful post holder should be a confident speaker with the ability to present applications to the Planning Committee and represent the Council at appeals.
Due to the seniority of this post, you will be expected to carry out line management duties to a number of staff including operational tasks, overseeing case allocation and workload management.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Management of a Development Management team from both an operational and functional standpoint. This will include checking reports and recommendations, and signing off delegated decisions on all types of applications
- Deal with a mixed caseload, including complex and major applications
- Present reports at Planning Committee and other Authority meetings
- Act as an expert planning witness at public inquiries and to produce statements and proofs of evidence as required for appeals and court hearings
- (This is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out additional responsibilities)
The ideal candidate must have previous experience in a similar management role. It would also be beneficial to have a degree & professional qualification in Town & Country planning with full membership of the RTPI.
If you are interested in this post please do not hesitate to apply.
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email the below if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.