£30,000 - £35,000 DOE
37.5 Hours per week
My client are a dynamic and innovative transport consultancy providing public and private sector clients with support in delivering transportation related services. They have extensive experience in working within the transport industry and understand the needs and requirements of their clients and are on hand to deliver high quality successful projects.
With a growing pipeline of new projects and clients, they are now looking to expand their design team by recruiting a Senior Consultant to support their development and growth. The team handles a busy annual programme of works including the design of on and off-street parking projects and Parking Strategies for a wide range of clients located throughout the UK. You will join a vibrant and experienced team that have successfully delivered a variety of projects.
As a company who thrive on development and growth, there has never been a better time for someone driven to come in and support the delivery of their ambitious growth agenda. You will have the opportunity to join an ambitious company who will help shape and develop your career.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting senior staff, providing technical support for a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions
- Experience of designing and implementing traffic and parking schemes in line with relevant legislation and guidance.
- Contributing on the production of technical reports and designs in line with current design standards and policies
- Undertaking site visits to capture required information and collect on street asset data
- Assisting in the collection and analysis of survey data such as pedestrians, cycling, public transport and traffic surveys such as volume, speed, accidents, turning counts, loading activity, desire lines, bus patronage etc
- Providing weekly monitoring information against key indicators
- Ensuring all project files are up to date and comply with the QA system and assist in developing improved procedures in the service area.
- Liaising with other staff on wider projects, assisting other disciplines on projects to expand skill set and knowledge base
- Responding to client and customer enquiries taking messages, when necessary and ensuring that their needs are met
Our ideal candidate will have but not limited to:
- Relevant Degree or HND/HNC (preferably in engineering) or equivalent qualification/s
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 year's relevant experience
- Sound understanding of highways and traffic engineering techniques and principles.
- A track record or ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge in active travel projects
- Experience in highways related AutoCAD design highly desirable, or similar design based software
- Familiarity with TMA 2004, DMRB, MfS and the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals
- Company Pension
- 22 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly professional membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organized social functions
- Discretionary annual company bonus
£30k - 35k per year
02393 876 030
10 days ago