Job Role - Construction Area Lead
Location - Dorset (5 Days a Week)
Contract Length - On Going
Pay Rate - Negotiable (Market Average)
My client is looking to speak with candidates that are well experienced in the HEAVY CIVILS area with extensive previous experience in the highly regulated sector e.g Nuclear, pharmaceuticals, Rail.
- The Lead is accountable to the construction manager and is responsible for ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with an approved safe system of work
- Manage, and control work in their allocated area to ensure that project gaols are delivered safely in compliance with the relevant company standards, regulations and relevant parts of HSE documents, BSs, BSENs, etc and or any other Company Procedures / Instructions which affect their work.
- Coordinate the planning of upcoming works within their area ensuring safe system of work is submitted and approved in adequate time to allow works to commence.
- Ensure construction work is undertaken in accordance with design.
- Ensure pre job brief and post job briefs are completed daily
- Review the Contractor's Safe Systems of Work (including Risk Assessments and Method Statements) to ensure that they are suitable and sufficient, using specialist support where required.
- Review the arrangements for teams to ensure interfaces with other Construction areas are managed and meet the requirements set out in the construction phase plan.
- Inspect the work activities regularly to ensure they are compliant with the agreed Safe Systems of Work.
- Where teams are not working to the agreed Safe Systems of Work, intervene to check the reasons for this and to determine the suitability of the adopted Safe Systems of Work. If necessary, suspend work until another review of the Safe Systems of Work can be undertaken
- As a delivery focused individual, the post holder will be expected to assist with safe delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and training.
- HNC / NVQ level 5 or equivalent experience
- Construction Skills CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), SSSTS or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Relevant experience of managing or supervising construction activities
- A thorough knowledge of the CDM and other Regulations.
- A thorough knowledge of the company procedures, rules and instructions.
- Capability to plan and co-ordinate construction activities