Commercial Manager required for major highways project based in the Norfolk area, working for a National Highway's contractor.
Based in the Norfolk area, this highways project will require a Commercial Manager for at least 6 months.
You will hold experience as a Commercial Manager on contractor side delivering projects for national highways projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and building relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance.
- Preparing recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate project manager.
- Providing post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including final account.
- Maintaining financial impact assessments for instructed change.
- Negotiating on financial impacts of compensation events with suppliers.
- Maintaining the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy, and alignment.
- Supporting cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
- Evaluating cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Supporting the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Managing the impact of inflation currencies and exchanges into forecasting and aligned with tracking indices.
- Carrying out a cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
- Assisting project managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a work breakdown structure/activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
Initially the role will be on a 6-month basis with more work in the pipeline with this contractor in the area.
For more information, please click APPLY NOW or call Jay Cochrane on 02393 876073
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jay Cochrane at Carrington West on 02393 876073 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.