Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to work as a Civil Design Engineer within a large Rail engineering company who are involved in national projects?
Join my client's team, working across the North West of England on their new projects from their Design Services Framework.
To design, detail and produce technical drawings for successful approval of rail civil infrastructure constructions. Key Projects:
- Signalling Civils enabling works including level crossings
- Power enabling works
- OLE Foundations
- Temporary Works
You will be joining 20 engineers in their E&P and Civils team. This role will mostly be working from home (until restrictions lift), however you will sometimes need to come into Doncaster or Manchester office - because of this, the successful candidate will want to be based in North West, England.
This role will be 5 days a week, with standard office hours with some flexibility.
Salary: up to £40,000 dependent on experience with company car/car allowance.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers, and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high quality reports in English.
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations, AutoCAD and/or Microstation and developing designs from first principles. Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) will be beneficial; however not essential.
We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary with a company car, or annual car allowance.
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities, and clients.
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- A collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant HNC or degree.
- Signalling experience.
- Safety critical position (PTS) - good, practical health and safety awareness.
- 5 years minimum post graduate experience.
- Experience working within a rail civils environment.
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
- Ideally working towards chartership, if not already Chartered.
My client is looking to interview immediately with a start date for as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Email your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 023 9387 6068.