Are you an external communication manager with a strong background in business engagement?
Are you looking to be involved with Europes largest infrastructure project HS2?
This role is working client side for HS2 and supports the management and coordination of key stakeholder relationships along the line of route, including Chambers of Commerce, Growth Hubs, Local Enterprise Partnerships, Business Improvement Districts (BID) groups, and local authority regeneration teams, as well as a myriad of political, business, specialist and community stakeholders.
If you have worked for any of the above organisations then you will be of great interest to my client.
This will be a hands on role which will involve working with local businesses to organise and run events including face to face and webinairs.
Salary: £36,300 - £52,152.50
- Develop and deepen relationships with stakeholders along the line of route, including key business groups and local authorities, local representative groups based in the business communities the project will impact, and other identified key stakeholders.
- Capturing and telling relevant local business success stories across multiple external audiences
- Proactively identify opportunities to involve key business stakeholders in the project and work with colleagues across HS2 to plan and deliver engagement activities.
- Develop and maintain an overview of the politics, stakeholder issues and activities in communities along the route, identifying and feeding back into the business key risks and opportunities.
- Manage proactive and reactive correspondence with identified key stakeholders ensuring all responses are timely, accurate and of high quality in both tone and content.
- Provide clear and concise briefings, presentations, and reports on complex issues for senior members of HS2.
- Manage processes to coordinate, record and report on engagement with key stakeholders, ensuring a consistent approach and alignment with HS2 processes
- Develop effective working relationships with contractors' ensuring they understand HS2's commitments, behaviour expectations, and metrics by which they will be measured.
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic stakeholder management arrangements in large and complex environments
- Experience of working within or with regional business organisations
- Experience of engaging with local business communities
- Experience of successful delivery on high profile and sensitive projects
- Experience of providing counsel across an organisation on stakeholder engagement
- Experience of delivering high profile events / engagement activities both in partnership with external stakeholders and within the business
- Experience of producing collateral for varied audiences including local businesses