Job Role - Appointed Lifting Person (AP)
Location - Dorset
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rates - £350 a day Umbrella
The ideal candidate will have been an appointed person for at least 3 years and will have experience working on a highly regulated site.
They will be responsible for planning, assessing and delivering all of the lifting that is required by site and to work along side the senior construction team to ensure health and safety is met and project timelines are followed.
- Experience in construction, and / or demolition
- Experience in planning and executing lifting activities within the construction industry
- Experience in leading complex lifts
- Sufficient knowledge and confidence to lead and to determine whether it is safe to carry out lifting operations.
- A strong knowledge of Health & Safety principles.
- Ability to identify the requirements for Hold Points on Quality Plans as needed.
- Experience in communicating Hold Points are known by all those involved and that Hold Points are not passed until a Permit is signed by the AP.
- Knowledge of ground conditions, general site conditions, loadings etc.
- Experience where testing is required for ground bearing, pull out tests, runway beams etc. that test records and certificates are produced and retained.
- Experience of assisting the project teams in their production of 'as-built' documentation, LTR's and the Health & Safety File.
- Minimum of CPCS Appointed Persons: Lifting Operations course or equivalent.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- NVQ Level 2 in relevant construction environments
- Ideally NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
This is a great role and therfore will go fast, if you are keen on this opportunity please send your CV to theo.king@carringtonwest or call 02393 876037.