Job Role - Welder
Location - Bridgwater
Contract Length - 12 Months
Pay Rate - £22.95 hour
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate eperince in the TIG process on a multitude of materials including stainless steel and Carbon. The candidate will also have experiences in welding in duplex and titanium would be advantageous
- Weld a wide range of components using TIG Welding using a variety of materials and thicknesses including Carbon steel and Stainless Steel
- Weld a range of material thicknesses ranging from 0.5mm to 25mm gauge for Marine, Oil & Gas and nuclear applications
- Read and interpret WPS' weld maps and welding procedures to determine sequence and method of welding.
- Undertake Welder Qualifications in accordance with EN 9606-1 and ASME IX (Depending on project requirements).
- Ability to carry out self-inspection of own welding activities within defined parameters/requirements before submitting work to final Inspection for compliance with customer/industry/regulatory specifications and quality requirements.
- To read and interpret technical drawings
- Experience of welding carbon from 3mm to 25mm in thickness
- Experience of welding stainless steel from 0.5mm to 25mm an advantage
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, WPS' and weld documentation
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Health and safety awareness, knowledge of work at heights and confined space working an advantage
- Time served/4 year apprenticeship in Fabrication and Welding
- City & Guilds parts 1, 2 & 3 preferred or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Welding