Role: Utility Surveyor
Location: Great West London
Salary: Up to £45,000 p/a plus package depending on experience
My client, who are one of the biggest Engineering and Utility Services in the UK. Are looking for up to 3 experienced Utility Surveyors to be based in South West London.
Service Locator/ Utility Surveyor (Greater West London) - Grade 3/4
Join a team that are a growing business and become part of a family, along with exciting opportunities to work on some of the largest UK construction projects.
Ambition and innovative is at the heart of the company, and they are committed to investing in people, technology, and processes. If it is above or below the ground they can survey it, and support clients, designers and contractors throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- You will manage and co-ordinate all aspects of mechanical/electrical services including, procurement, design, installation, and commissioning ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- You will be responsible for procuring and managing sub-contractors.
- You will carry out regular site inspections and snagging.
- You will be responsible for making sure Health and Safety protocols are always adhered to.
- Candidate Requirements:
- You will hold a relevant Mechanical/Electrical qualification as well as SMSTS / CSCS
- You will have experience managing multi-disciplined mechanical installations and services within the Commercial and Industrial sectors.
- You will have experience procuring and managing sub-contractors.
- You will have experience managing the M&E design process.
- The scope of this role is to carry out the physical check and survey of all of the underground services within the area that is being investigated, the service locator will have the following responsibilities.
- The service locator will use various geophysical techniques to locate the service, once they have been found, the services will be marked / spray painted onto the ground in the appropriate colour, defining the type of service and the depth of the service.
- Authorise the permit.
- Comply and enforce the project permit to Break ground procedure.
- The review of task specific method statement,
- Take photo of works area before work starts, if applicable to project procedure
- Marking out of all services within the work boundary to protect colour standards.
- Brief teams on the services within their work boundaries and have an overview of method of working around affected services
- Enforce 8 point check list work gang Briefings.
- Enforce any allocated exclusion zone around effected services.
- Obtain permit approval (signatures) from the works team and the Project Engineer
- Advise the Service Coordinator of any deviations from records.
- Investigate uncharted services as required by Service Co-ordinator.
- Inform Service Co-ordinator of any removed services within the works area, to allow the services drawing to reflect the change
- Ensure that the most up to date SMD CAD drawing is attached to the permit-to-dig
- Ensure no work gang works to a expired permit to break ground or an area that doesn't have a permit.
- Maintain service marking throughout the life of the permit
- This can be a fast-paced environment that changes quickly, so candidates need to be able to adapt to change and prioritising workloads.
- Somebody who can multi-task, be adaptable and become a valuable member of the team.
- A minimum of 2/3 years utility surveying experience
- Experienced in use of Electromagnetic location and ground penetrating radar.
- A good understanding of common industry practices and standards in regards to utility detection, such as PAS 128 and TSA
- Good working knowledge of surveying equipment, such as GPR, CAT and Genny utility detection equipment
- Able to work collaboratively in a team and deal with clients on site.
- Clean & Full driving License
- Right to Work in UK
- CSCS Card folder (This will be required before starting work)
- QCF Level 3 or Level 5 for utility mapping
- Competitive Salaries (Dependant on experience)
- Pension Scheme
- Company Vehicle (Dependant on experience)
- Allowance payments when working away
- Social event throughout the year Annual General Meeting, Summer Event and Christmas Event
- Modern office environment which is Covid secure
- Continuous on the job training and development
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £37,000.00-£44,000.00 per year
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.