Salary: £27,000 - £32,000
Our client are a leading highways and infrastructure service provider looking to add a Utility Surveyor to their well-established team.
The successful candidate will provide specialist support during a range of projects on the avoidance of underground and overhead services.
- Be skilled in the use of all equipment used in the detection of utility services.
- Provide support to all teams in the location of and avoidance of underground services.
- Survey and produce simple drawings showing the locations of services for use by the operational teams
- To train operatives in the effective use of cable detection equipment & techniques and in the understanding of public utility plans and drawings.
- To liaise with utility companies and clients / consultants to obtain site plans of underground and overhead plant.
- Develop and update training for planning work, using cable plans, cable locating devices & safe digging practices in accordance with company processes.
- Undertake site audits to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Assisting with incident investigations as required, supporting the appointed investigating officer.
- Maintain an awareness of developments and improvement in technology used in detection of services.
- Prior experience in the use of equipment used in the detection of utility services and the ability to understand and communicate findings from statutory undertakers drawings
- Able to conduct effective training with staff, operatives and subcontractors
- A comprehensive understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
- Strong working use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and appropriate software
- Able to prioritise work and manage workload delivering high quality work in a punctual manner
- Ability to advise on GS6 assessments for overhead cables
- An understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and associated codes of practice
The company are ready to move quickly on these roles for the right candidate and are looking to hold interviews over the next week so if you feel you could be suitable for this role then please apply asap with an updated CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023.