Utilities Services Technician
Carrington West are pleased to be working alongside one of the UK's leading highways specialist. Due to continued growth and projects they are looking for an experienced Utilities Services Technician to support their ongoing work in the Guildford area.
- Skilled in the use utility services detection equipment.
- Able to provide support to all teams in the location of and avoidance of underground services.
- Survey and produce drawings showing the locations of services for use by the operational teams.
- Provide skilled advice to operational teams following surveys, in the safe methods to be utilised for excavations. To assist operatives in the tracing of utility plant.
- Train operatives in the effective use of cable detection equipment & techniques and in the understanding of public utility plans and drawings.
- To liaise with utility companies and clients / consultants to obtain site plans of underground and overhead plant.
- Contract champion in the location of and avoidance of underground services.
- Develop and update training for planning work using cable plans, cable locating devices and safe digging practices in accordance with company processes.
- Site audits ensuring compliance with company procedures.
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Incident management inclduing assisting with incident investigations as required, supporting the appointed investigating officer.
- Maintain an awareness of developments and improvements in technology used in detection of services.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in the use of equipment used in the detection of utility services and the ability to evaluate / understand and communicate findings from statutory undertakers drawings.
- Ability to conduct effective training with staff, operatives and subcontractors.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
- A comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety legislation and a knowledge and understanding of PAS-128 / HSG47.
- Ability to advise on GS6 assessments for overhead cables.
- Use of GPR equipment.
- An understanding of the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA) and associated codes of practice.
These positions are likely to be highly sought after, so if you feel you would be suitable then please apply directly with a copy of your up to date CV, or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023.