An exciting job opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Policy Planner to come and join a busy Policy Team in Oldham.
The main duties of the experienced Transport Policy Planner are:
- To input into the development of strategic policy documents such as the Greater Manchester Transport Strategy to ensure that Oldham's transport ambitions are reflected.
- To ensure that the development of local strategies and options take into account the various sub-strategies of the GM Transport Strategy including Streets for All, Made to Move and the Bee Network and Change a Region to Change a Nation and Bus Reform/Local Bus Strategy. To also include cycle pathways and cycle to work initiatives.
- To keep informed of current ideas and good practice in transport policy and planning, including regulations and direction and guidance from national government on travel and transport matters.
- To prepare business cases and funding bids either individually or in collaboration with partner organisations and internal and external stakeholders.
- To manage, monitor and control allocated budgets to ensure a balanced budget is achieved, preparing action plans proposing any necessary action to improve effectiveness working closely with finance colleagues and ensuring all corporate finance procedures are met
- To co-manage services provided by colleagues in other council services (in particular the highways capital team and highways asset management services) and ensure full compliance in specific areas of work.
- To prepare briefs, evaluate tenders, appoint consultants and project manage individual schemes and studies taking responsibility for project budgets and the management of consultants or contractors engaged in the process.
- To respond to information requests and queries, including Freedom of Information requests, raised by Councillors, members of the public, other departments, community groups and other external agencies.
- To provide the relevant information in an effective and timely manner.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.