Do you have proven experience working as a Temporary Works Coordinator on a major civils project?
Are you looking for an opportunity to be involved in HS2 on a permanent basis?
Carrington West is proud to be working closely with a joint venture on HS2 and assist them the recruitment of a Temporary Works Coordinator to join their fast-paced team.
The ideal Temporary Works Coordinator will be experienced in managing a team of TWS's with an excellent understanding of the principles of BS:5975 and awareness of PAS 8811 and PAS 8812 standards.
Location: West London
Hours: Core working hours, Monday to Friday
Salary: up to £55,000 P/A + company benefits
- Understand and apply the principals of PC's TWC as defined in BS5975:2019, PAS8811:2017
- Agree with the Designers/Checkers and other Parties on the level of risk and design check;
- Coordinate all Temporary Works activities and ensure satisfactory Temporary Works Design is carried out.
- Ensure that a detailed design brief has been produced, with full consultation, is adequate and is in accordance with the actual situation on site;
- Advise the permanent works designer of any temporary conditions, that should be considered in the permanent works design;
- Ensure that the design is independently checked for concept, structural adequacy and compliance with the brief
- Register or record the drawings, calculations and other relevant documents relating to the final design;
- Ensure that checks are made at appropriate stages and make sure that any proposed changes in materials or construction are checked against the original design and appropriate action taken;
- Ensure that any agreed changes or corrections of faults, are correctly carried out on site;
- Issue formal permit to load/proceed if final check(s) prove satisfactory;
- Obtain the criteria that allows the temporary works to be removed;
- When it has been confirmed that the permanent structure has attained adequate strength required by the design, issue formal permission to dismantle the Temporary Works.
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, minimum of an HNC/HND, preferably BEng or higher (MEng, MSc).
- Proven temporary works experience on a major civils project, ideally within rail.
- Excellent understanding and application of BS5975:2008+A1:2011/2019.
- CITB Temporary Works Coordinator course
- Ideally have Temporary Works Coordinator
- Valid SMSTS and CSCS card
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please submit your CV and then contact Amy at Carrington West.