Salary: Up to £30k depending on skillset and experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
Additional: Company pension scheme, holiday allowance
Carrington West are please to provide an exciting new opportunity with our client, a specialist contractor within the construction and utilities sector. With 50 years experience, they are a principal contractor working on a variety of civil engineering projects including full design and build packages.
Due to continued growth and securing a range of new contracts, they are now seeking a Technical Administrator. This is an exciting opportunity to support their technical team who are responsible for the delivery of all the pre-construction requirements on design and build projects. You would also assist on their in-house development projects where the team are involved from conception, through to planning, and then onto construction and final sales.
The key responsibilities of the role would be to control their document management system and ensure the project teams are working to the correct and up to date drawings, specifications, and reports. You will liaise with technical co-ordinators and site management teams to ensure all documents are maintained correctly and are updated as required. You would also be the main point of contact with regards to submitting, recording, and obtaining consents and information from external third parties such as local councils and utility companies.
The successful candidate will have access to the firms employee recognition programme, career development and advancement through training and mentoring, career succession and loyalty schemes. There is culture is to promote from within, creating a range of personal and career development opportunities.
- Import all tender documents onto the cloud-based document management system (DMS) when a project becomes live.
- Review and monitor project documents on a monthly basis to ensure all are current.
- Administer and update DMS access requirements onto projects.
- Conduct initial training to new users of the DMS system.
- Liaise with highway departments of the local councils with regards to permits and road opening licences to enable works to be conducted.
- Liaise with the technical team and site management staff with regards to submission requirements such as traffic management plans.
- Monitor and close out road opening licences.
- Liaise with the environment agency with regards to project permits required.
- Obtain asset maps from utility companies.
- Liaise with utility companies with regards to new permanent and temporary connections.
- Assist with the delivery of the companies / teams processes and procedures as requested.
The company are ready to move forward with this position and we anticipate this role will be popular so if you feel you could be well suited then please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West for further information.