Site Supervisor - Reservoirs
Role: Site Supervisor - Construction & Utilities
Location: Thames Water - Hertfordshire
Salary: £45k to £50k (depending on skillset and experience)
Additional: Company Van
Type: Full-time permanent
Are you an experienced Site Supervisor r with experience in the construction, utilities or civils sectors looking for fresh challenge and opportunity to develop your career?
If so we may have the perfect role for you. We are currently working on exciting new opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of services across London and the South East of England.
They are looking for a Site Supervisor to support on construction activities taking place on a daily basis across a variety of sites, within the Thames water region. Ideal location would be North London / Hertfordshire area.
- Ensure work activities are planned and resources (labour, plant and material) are available.
- Monitor and instruct subcontractor and direct workforce, identifying training requirements and ensuring only trained, competent and authorised persons are completing assigned tasks and operating equipment and plant.
- Ensure delivery of briefings including start of shift, method statements, risk assessments and regular toolbox talks covering appropriate health, safety and environmental issues are recorded and understood by your teams.
- Ensure that plant, equipment and vehicle inspections are carried out, and defects are reported immediately.
- Ensure that the workplace is organised to minimise or avoid unnecessary manual handling of materials.
- Report all health and safety incidents, including near misses and injuries, immediately, and assist with any incident investigations.
- Comply with environmental legislation and company procedures.
- Monitor quality standards on site ensuring high standard of works to meet the specification requirements 'first time' and minimise rework.
- Previous Site Manager experience in delivery and supervisor of utilities
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme), EUSR Water Hygiene
- Experience in shafts/headings and deep drainage projects
- Knowledge of HSG47
- Temporary Works Supervisor (desirable)
- Must hold a current UK Driving Licence
We expect this role to prove popular so if you feel you could be well suited to the position, please apply asap with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for further information.