Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer - Water
Role: Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer - Water
Salary: £38k to £45k (Senior) £45k to £60k (Principal) + package
Employment: Full time permanent
Location: Bristol / Exeter - Option to work from home up to 5 days a week.
Our client, one of the UK's leading global consultancies, has opened a job vacancy for a skilled mechanical engineer with water / wastewater sector experience based in South West out of their Bristol or Exeter offices. This is a brilliant opportunity for a Senior / Principal mechanical design engineer to develop your career and achieve your potential.
This company are looking for someone with a strong background in water/ wastewater to join their water and utilities team. You will be involved in some of the UK's most stimulating projects and working alongside some of the UK's most established companies to undertake an array of projects focussed on improving the UK's utility services.
The position will involve being accountable for the preparation of technical reports, design calculations, contract specifications, drawings, schedules and reviews on design aspects to UK as well as international standards for water and wastewater process plant systems, pumping systems and infrastructure projects. You will ensure the highest H&S standards are adhered to and ensure designers CDM Regulations duties are met.
Based from Bristol, you would will join the design team to deliver a wide range of water and wastewater projects across municipal (AMP7) and industrial projects.
Your daily activities will include:
- Leading and supporting the technical delivery of projects within direct client contact
- Developing technical solutions based on the client's needs
- Co-ordinating work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Build relationships with clients and project engineers on technical, commercial and progress
- Ensuring designs meet compliance with safety, quality and environmental systems.
- Promoting MEICA team capability and achievements internally and externally.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Chartered and member of recognised institution e.g. IMECHE, IET or CIWEM
- Delivery focused and team player
- Eager and motivated to complete stretch tasks
- Travel Flexibility
- Water industry experience (desirable)
- Electrical systems design knowledge (desirable)
- Consulting engineering environment experience (desirable)
In return they are offering a competitive salary to reflect the seniority of the role along with an industry leading working climate, education and support. The position will take you to dynamic international projects with high levels of responsibility and opportunities to make an impact. On top of this there is a certain level of flexibility in working hours along with a large range of additional benefits ranging from stakeholder pensions, healthcare, service awards, bonus incentives etc.
Please apply to the role using a copy of your CV in a word format than call Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 to discuss.
If you are looking for a great career option please apply as soon as possible for your CV to be taken into consideration. Your CV will not be submitted before a telephone conversation has taken so please make sure your contact details are provided.