Are you currently working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the railway industry?
Do you have experience working on civils projects across the Network Rail infrastructure?
My client is market leading civils contractor with a fantastic reputation nationally. Due to continued growth and project wins, they are looking to expand their commercial team by recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with them on railway civils projects.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with 5+ years' experience working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, keen to join a fast-paced team with fantastic promotion and progression opportunities on a full-time permanent basis.
Salary: £55,000 P/A
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Length: Permanent
- £4980 car allowance
- Bupa health care plan
- 26 days holiday + bank holiday
- Buy & sell up to 5 days A/L
- Remote working policy
- 5+ years' experience working as a Quantity Surveyor - currently as a Senior QS
- Proven background of working for a railway contractor within civil engineering.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Network Rail standards
- Exposer to CVR and sub-contract procurement is essential
- To be degree qualified (ideal)
Day to Day Duties
- To work efficiently as part of the Commercial Team, reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
- Manage and coach Quantity Surveyor's and Assistant QS beneath you.
- Build effective and positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Prepare financial forecasts with up to 18mth look ahead monthly to the Senior Manager.
- Understand, communicate and manage project level legal and contractual responsibilities.
- Investigate, challenge and report on work bank financial performance, including level risks, issues and opportunities.
- Produce and complete monthly Cost Value Reconciliation's (CVR) reports, using this information to make informed decisions.
- Cost control and change management.
- Prepare cash flows.
This role provides fantastic career progression and growth opportunities as well as direct involvement with all aspects of the commercial process working alongside a successful and driven commercial team as well as an operational team with a brilliant reputation.
To avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity, please submit your CV and contact Amy at Carrington West