Senior Quantity Surveyor - Up to £60,000
My client is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join the team. This role comes with a competitive salary of up to £60,000 and is based in the West Midlands. With over 65 years of industry expertise and a strong reputation for service quality and innovative engineering solutions, my client is dedicated to safety and sustainability.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will play a crucial role in managing the commercial aspects of one of the large SDF (Scheme Delivery Frameworks) schemes, specifically focusing on the Midlands region. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to continued success and make a significant impact in the field of highway maintenance.
- Develop and produce area/regional budgets and forecasts.
- Provide expert advice to the Estimating Department on potential contractual risks and methods of measurement during the bidding process.
- Conduct CVR (Cost-Value Reconciliation) and Contract appraisals for the assigned area/region.
- Negotiate and oversee sub-contract orders and payment certificates.
- Prepare and negotiate claims, adjudications, or other dispute resolutions.
- Monitor and manage the overall financial aspects and budgeting of selected contracts.
- Assist in commercial responses required in Pre-Qualification questionnaires.
- Ensure governance and profitability of projects.
- Foster, manage, and expand commercial relationships with clients and the supply chain.
- Ensure timely issuance of contractual notices in accordance with contractual timeframes.
- Provide support and advice to project management teams on contract compliance, change management, claims, variations, and legal/financial matters involving clients and subcontractors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or higher, advanced, or foundational qualifications (desirable).
- Working towards professional qualifications (desirable).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative and logical thinking.
- Full driving license is essential.
What You Will Get in Return:
- Competitive salary.
- Pension contribution matching.
- Private health care.
- Life assurance coverage at 4x salary.
- 26 days of holiday (rising to 28 days) plus bank holidays.
- 3 days of paid leave per year to participate in community projects.
- Comprehensive employee assistance plan.
- Eye care vouchers.
- Support towards evening classes or hobby allowance.
- Access to the cycle-to-work scheme.
- Continuous training and career development opportunities.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.