Role: Senior Project Manager - Water
Rate: depending on experience
Duration: 18 Months+
Are you a Senior Project Manager who has worked on large value projects?
Do you have experience with overcoming challenging obstacles to key project deliverables in the water sector?
My client are looking for a Senior Project Manager who can come in and support the lead of the already successful delivery of multiple projects on the Southern Water AMP7 framework.
We can consider any lead background/bias as long as you have had experience working in the UK water sector, or have overcome extreme challenges and reactive obstacles in the utilities industry.
The key deliverables will be to support the projects (combined value up to £250 million) in being completed on time and to the highest standards, managing everything from sub contractors to commercial risk.
The client have multiple office locations in the south, so you wont have to travel more than an hour each way on most site/office visits.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the below.
- Establish and continuously promote a proactive health, safety & environment culture across complex and high-risk Project Portfolio and our service providers.
- Achieving best practice in the safe and sustainable delivery of capital projects, as well as their subsequent operation and maintenance.
- Providing assured compliance with statutory obligations and embed leading indicators.
- Promoting sustainability and delivering carbon reduction targets.
Programme / Project Management
- Delivering sustainable financial out-performance against approved budgets for complex and high risk projects
- Commercially managing all contract matters to achieve the optimal outcome for the utility company.
- Developing and delivering an optimised projects to achieve all regulatory, statutory and internal outputs, deadlines and targets.
- Delivering successful technical solutions that provide optimal value for money on a capital and whole life cost basis.
- Performance managing the service providers to ensure out-performance of service levels and value for money. Implement performance improvement initiatives.
- Pro actively managing Project risk to minimise the final impact
- Managing change and administering the contract for service providers.
- Ensure quality system and processes are complied with so outcomes meet all standards.
- Managing, leading and developing people in a culture of accountability and achievement.
- Encourage and implement innovation from supply chain to develop a continuous improvement project culture
- Educated to degree level with further professional/management qualifications or outstanding role specific experience
- Excellent contractual awareness of Project Management work
- 10 years proven track record of managing the performance of third-party organisations within the Water Industry.
- Track record of success in the delivery of significant capital Projects at a senior level within the Water Industry
- Strong commercial approach with a good level of contract knowledge. Bases decisions on a balance of business development and cost control issues.
- Has proven process improvement design and implementation capability.
- Has broad industry and business knowledge and experience in complex investment-type decisions.
- Has an up to date view about what the end-customer needs and can articulate trends in customer behaviour.
- Has taken on leadership responsibility in different functions/businesses and led through difficult times
Our Process: Once we receive your application, I will review and contact yourself within 2 working days if you are to be progressed. If I haven't contacted you in this period, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Jason email@example.com or 02393 876 089.
02393 876 089
25 days ago
Role: Senior Project Manager - Water