Senior Mechanical Engineer - Water
Role: Senior Mechanical Engineer - Water
Salary: £34k to £47k + package
Employment: Full time permanent
Location: Croydon / South East England - Option to work from home up to 5 days a week.
Our client, one of the UK's leading global consultancies, has an exciting new vacancy for a skilled Mechanical Engineer with water / wastewater sector experience based out of their offices in Croydon. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to further develop your career and achieve your potential.
They are looking for someone with a strong background in water/ wastewater to join their water and utilities team. You will be involved in some of the UK's most stimulating projects and working alongside a number of established companies to undertake an array of projects focussed on improving the UK's utility services.
The position will involve being accountable for making technical decisions in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects. This will include carrying out feasibility studies, reference and detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications. It is likely you may also be asked to mentor, oversee and help manage design staff which will call for knowledge of crucial design processes and strong communication skills.
Based from their Croydon offices, you would will join the design team to deliver a wide range of water and wastewater projects across municipal (AMP7) and industrial projects.
Your daily activities will include:
- Leading and supporting the technical delivery of projects within direct client contact
- Developing technical solutions based on the client's needs
- Co-ordinating work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Build relationships with clients and project managers and engineers on technical, commercial and progress
- Ensuring designs meet compliance with safety, quality and environmental systems.
- Promoting MEICA team capability and achievements internally and externally.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Membership or working towards membership of recognised chartered institution.
- Delivery focused and team player
- Eager and motivated to complete stretch tasks
- Water industry experience (desirable)
- Consulting engineering environment experience (desirable)
In return they are offering a competitive salary to reflect the seniority of the role along with an industry leading working climate, education and support. The position will take you to dynamic international projects with high levels of responsibility and opportunities to make an impact. On top of this there is a certain level of flexibility in working hours along with a large range of additional benefits ranging from stakeholder pensions, healthcare, service awards, bonus incentives etc.
Please apply to the role using a copy of your CV in a word format than call Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 to discuss.
If you are looking for a great career option please apply as soon as possible for your CV to be taken into consideration. Your CV will not be submitted before a telephone conversation has taken so please make sure your contact details are provided.