£ 38000 - 40000 per year
Our client is currently seeking a Highways/Drainage Design Engineer to join their expanding Transportation team in Telford.
For this role you would be degree qualified and have significant post graduate experience in a similar role ideally within a consultancy environment. You would have demonstrable experience in highways and/or drainage design at conceptual, preliminary and detailed design stages. You would also be experienced in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
Our clients team has an established track record of successfully delivering highways and drainage schemes to clients across the region, nationally and internationally. The team provides conceptual, preliminary and detailed design services on a wide range of projects and supports other business lines where their projects require it.
- Provide technical input to highway/drainage schemes including design, drawing production and technical report writing
- Take a lead role on project elements within your particular skill area
- Undertake site visits as required
- Attend internal and external Project Progress meetings, as required
- Liaise with sub-consultants and external parties as required
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design
- Act as a Deputy Project Manager (once accredited) as necessary including costing and programming studies and monitoring financial performance
- Prepare detailed client briefs, fee proposals, technical responses and study reports for Manager approval
- Support team manager in mentoring junior staff
By applying for this position you are agreeing that Carrington West will hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Please ask for Becky Simmonds when you call Carrington West for more information.